Re: [css-fonts-4] Author-friendly unicode-range values?

On Sep 4, 2013, at 20:10, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not a fan of the syntax, particularly when you mix codepoint and
> characters, like "a"-U+7F, which parses as STRING(a) IDENT(-U)
> DIMENSION(+7, F) rather than the intended STRING(a) DELIM(-)
> UNICODE-RANGE(U+7F).  A function would work better, as
> "unicode-range('a', u+7f)".

We don’t have to allow combinations then. If people want to combine a character with a codepoint, they can always use the CSS syntax for codepoints in strings, doing things like "a"-"\7F". Adding a function of that sort seems very verbose and ultimately unnecessary.

~Lea