Re: F2F agenda topic: Fonts Task Force

Hi John,

On Sep 3, 2013, at 1:28 AM, John Daggett <jdaggett@mozilla.com> wrote:

> On the planning page for the Paris F2F [1] there's an item listed:
>
> # Discuss creation of a Fonts Task Force
>
> I won't be able to make the Paris F2F so I'm wondering who is proposing
> this and what the idea is behind this?
>
> If possible, I think it would help to discuss this a bit on the list
> before the F2F.

I added this agenda item as a follow up to the decision to create one during the CSS F2F in Hamburg.

Maybe it is just an organization issue, but we spend several weeks on discussions about font issues. A TF on the other hand would be structured around fonts and font experts with more focus. I would even suggest to give the TF the right to make decisions and just leave a veto right to the CSS WG (discussions remain on the TF though).

I am fine with discussing this on the mailing list instead or move the agenda item to our TPAC meeting.

Greetings,
Dirk