Re: [css-book] Re: [css-page] Meaning of :first page selector (was: [css3-gcpm] Page groups, named pages, and :first)

Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:

 > >    @page funky:nth(1) { ... }
 > >
 > > selects the first page of the "funky" group
 > >
 > > I don't see a need for further syntactic differentiations. Also, this
 > > has been implemented and used for years.
 >
 > That's not how selectors work.  The fact that it's intuitive to act
 > that way has confused plenty of people over the years, which is why we
 > introduced the :nth-match() pseudo-class in Selectors 4, so you can
 > get the intuitive behavior in some manner.

Coming back to this, I guess I don't see how the nth() selectors above
is fundamentally different from a selector like :nth-of-type().

nth(1) selects the first page in a sequence of "sibling" pages, while
nth-of-type(1) selects the first element in a sequence of sibling
elements, no?

-h&kon