Re: [css-shapes] how to size and position <image>s

On 10/16/13 11:30 AM, "fantasai" <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:

>Actually, an interesting related question is, how do you position an
><image>? We can shift circles around very powerfully if they're defined
>inline, but there is no way to position a circle that's been derived
>from an image.

That's correct. We could extend this in future levels. Or we may find that
getting the shape from a rendered background (with all of the positioning
that allows) is sufficient. I don't think this is required for level 1,
and I'd rather get some feedback from people using level 1
shape-from-image to determine what is required.

>While we're on it, how is that image sized? It's not defined.

>From section 4.0:

Sizing the shape from an image follows the Concrete Object Size Resolution
section from [CSS3-IMAGES].

>And to tie that back to the main thread... if we have the ability to
>position an <image>, how does it interact if a <basic-shape> is given
>instead?

I'm not sure I follow what you're asking here. Are you thinking ahead to a
shape-positioning property (or set of properties)?

Thanks,

Alan