Re: [matrix][cssom-view] DOMPoint, DOMPointLiteral definitions

On Sun, Oct 13, 2013 at 11:05 PM, Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com> wrote:

> On Oct 2, 2013, at 4:22 PM, Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 02 Oct 2013 14:44:31 +0200, Robert O'Callahan
> > <robert@ocallahan.org> wrote:

> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2013Sep/0725.html>you
> >>>

> >> As long as it's clear that ReadOnly != Immutable, I think it's OK.
> >>
> >> I think readonly<Foo> is going to be difficult to define and will also
> be
> >> clumsy. An interface might have arbitrary mutation methods on it, e.g.
> >> Foo::reset(), and there will be no easy way to automatically obviate
> such
> >> methods without additional annotations. I don't think we should go that
> >> way.
> >
> > OK.
>
> I would like to know if we all agree on the model: Foo (mutable and
> modifiable); FooReadOnly (just readable, might be mutable or immutable).

"just readable, might be mutable" is self contradictory. I think you mean
"readable, might be mutable". I suggest FooReader. This clearly states that
it provides the ability to read a Foo, and does not state what other access
it does or does not provide.

"Only" should mean only.

--
    Cheers,