Re: [css-shapes] how to position <basic-shape>s

On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 11:33 AM, Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com> wrote:
> Given the percentage issue, my recommendation is to go with the first
> proposal, which allows us to get both CSS and SVG compatibility. We can
> either define shape() in level 2, or allow shape() with circles and
> ellipses in level 1 and extend the shape() keywords to rectangle and
> possibly others in level 2. Given that we're currently discussing how to
> amend the <position> value, it may make the most sense to put off all of
> shape() to level 2.

I agree with Alan.  Lacking even an idea for a proposal for switching
the percentage behavior of <position>, I don't want to force us into
using <position> and require people to write SVG just to get a shape
positioned with its left edge at 50%.  I'm happy to use shape() for
this in the future, and I can accept putting it in level 2.