Re: [css-images] Intent to implement object-fit and object-position in Blink

On 01.10.2013, at 02:34, Israel Hilerio <israelh@microsoft.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 12 Jun 2013 13:21:26 +0200, Morten Stenshorne <mstensho@opera.com> wrote:
>> Any feedback? Apple? Microsoft? Mozilla?
>
> Microsoft is still evaluating this spec but haven't committed to its implementation.  Unfortunately, we don't have any dates we can share at this point.
>
> Israel

Apple: RESOLVED, FIXED in nightly.
Chromium (Chrome, Opera): RESOLVED, FIXED in nightly.

Mozilla: UNRESOLVED, NEW
MS: UNCONFIRMED, NEW

----

This is the current status. I hope both of the latter will change their mind soon.
I think this is a feature that many users would benefit -- users even built a whole
website for only the [iframe problem](http://embedresponsively.com/).

And that is only one target which `object-fit` would solve; you can find countless more
blog articles in the web regarding object-fit use-cases which all are currently solved by
mostly JavaScript workarounds.

Best,
-Anselm  |  Anselm Hannemann  |  @helloanselm  |  http://helloanselm.com/