Re: Proposal: will-animate property

On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 6:14 PM, Matt Woodrow <matt@mozilla.com> wrote:

>  I think it's easier if we allow authors to hint what properties etc are
> going to change, and implementations can internally decide on how best to
> optimize for those changes.

In this case, we should allow a broader list of properties than just
opacity/transform/scroll. How about allowing any animatable CSS property (+
scroll) to be in this list? This way, each implementation is free to choose
which properties to optimize and how to optimize them. To discourage abuse
(or, rather, to encourage authors to use this hint thoughtfully), we could
avoid having any 'all' shorthand.