Re: [css-shapes] interpolation update - ready for LC again?

On 11/22/13 5:50 AM, "Dirk Schulze" <dschulze@adobe.com> wrote:

>> On Nov 22, 2013, at 1:28 AM, "Alan Stearns" <stearns@adobe.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hey all,
>>
>> I've updated the interpolation section [1] of CSS Shapes and added
>> 'Animatable' lines to the propdef tables. This is the last of the
>>changes
>> I think were required from TPAC decisions, so I think the draft is ready
>> for last call again.
>>
>> In summary, if you're interpolating between <basic-shape> functions, the
>> functions need to be the same shape, use the same reference box, and
>>avoid
>> keywords that have no interpolation defined. If all of these strictures
>> apply, then you interpolate between the function parameters as a simple
>> list of length, percentage or calc. But I've added one additional rule
>> that allows interpolation between identical keywords. So 'circle(3em at
>> top left)' can interpolate with 'circle(6em at top left)'
>>

>Why not define interpolation for different parts of a shape? For circle
>you can split it in interpolation for radius and interpolation of
>position. While one may not be animate able, the other still is. Or is it
>that what you did?

I did not do that. I just made it so that you can interpolate between
identical keywords.

When a property is defined as interpolating as a simple list of length,
percentage or calc, and the two lists are:

10px foo 10%
20px bar 20%

Does it mean that the property interpolates 10px to 20px, and 10% to 20%,
and foo to bar is ignored? If that's the case then my additional rule
about identical keywords isn't needed.

Thanks,

Alan