Re: [css-figures] how do float:bottom elements stack?

On 11/20/13 12:28 PM, "Håkon Wium Lie" <howcome@opera.com> wrote:

>Morten Stenshorne wrote:
>
> > Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com> writes:
> > > I don't see any text that describes how the new page
> > > floats stack.
> >
> > I think the idea should be that these floats follow rules analogous to
> > those for regular left/right CSS 2.1 floats.
>
>Yes. I've added text to this effect.

> > > If I have two float:bottom elements:

> > > do bottom floats stack
> > > bottom-up (a bit like right floats stack right-to-left)? In other
>words,
> > > does the markup above render as

> > > Or

> > So it should be:
>
>Indeed.

Thanks for adding stacking text to the definition of top/bottom floats. I
think the text currently in the spec contradicts your intended result,
though:

---
If other page floats have already taken the bottom position,
the float is stacked underneath

---

I think the last word should be 'above' to get the result you chose.

Then the next sentence reads:

---
When a page float is floated to the top or bottom of a column, it is
moved as high as possible in that column.
---

Should this say 'as high or as low as possible'?

And the following sentence is cut off:

---
Other floats may already have occupied the requested position,
in which case the floats may be stacked in the
---

I expect this sentence was going to answer my next question, which was how
top/bottom floats interact with left/right floats. If a top float does not
take up the width of the column and would fit next to a left float
occupying the highest position in the column, does it stack to the right
of the left float, or below?

Thanks,

Alan