[css-values] The length unit 'Q' (quarter of millimeter)

From: MURAKAMI Shinyu <murakami@antenna.co.jp>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2013 19:38:38 +0900
To: www-style@w3.org
Hi,

I would like to propose adding a length unit, 'Q' (1Q = 0.25mm).

The unit 'Q' is very common in Japanese typesetting and
all major professional typesetting system used in Japan support
this, for example, InDesign's Japanese version uses 'Q' as font size
unit by default setting.

I think the unit 'Q' is not only necessary for Japanese typesetting
professionals but also useful for many other people worldwide using
the international standard metric system.

See the following article for more details about 'Q':

  Font size in the metric system (by Toshi Omagari)
  http://tosche.net/2013/10/font-size-in-the-metric-system_e.html

Best regards,

Shinyu Murakami
Antenna House