Re: [css-grid] Are grid positions animatable?

On 11/14/2013 05:45 PM, Jon Rimmer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Apologies if this has been asked before, but I'm wondering if the position
> of items in a grid layout are intended to be animatable? The properties in
> the spec do not specify one way or the other.

I'd expect that the properties themselves are individually animatable,
where it makes sense. But their interpolated values won't produce any
sort of intermediate sliding around behavior like the demos that you
linked to.

e.g. take "order" (a number, which impacts the grid position) for a
simple example. It can be transitioned between numeric values. But
intermediate "order" values don't produce intermediate overlaid grid
positions. At each instant in time, an "order" animation has a fixed
current value, which produces a particular ordering of the items.

~Daniel