Re: [CSSWG][css-text-3] CSS3 Text Last Call Working Draft

This one is too hard for me to judge, I'll consult with my co-editor and get back to the ML.

From: CE Whitehead <cewcathar@hotmail.com<mailto:cewcathar@hotmail.com>>
Date: Thursday, November 7, 2013 11:20 PM
4.1.1. Example 4

"where the <ltr> element represents a left-to-right embedding and the <rtl> element represents a right-to-left embedding. If the ‘white-space’ property is set to ‘normal’, the white-space processing model would result in the following:

    The space before the B ( ) would collapse with the space after the A ( ).
    The space before the C ( ) would collapse with the space after the B ( ).
This would leave two spaces, one after the A in the left-to-right embedding level, and one after the B in the right-to-left embedding level. This is then ordered according to the Unicode bidirectional algorithm, with the end result being:  "

{ COMMENT: what you have is o.k., but with 'if . . . is . . . ' it is customary to use the future indicative for the 'then' clause; you have "[i]f the 'white-space' property is set to 'normal',"
following this it is customary to use the future tense, that is to use "will" instead of "would."
Later again, if you change these to the future,  use the habitual/scientific present, "leaves," instead of "would leave." Also, perhaps because I am a southerner, I would say "[a]ll this is then ordered" instead of "[t]his is then ordered" (for clarity).}
=>
"where the <ltr> element represents a left-to-right embedding and the <rtl> element represents a right-to-left embedding. If the ‘white-space’ property is set to ‘normal’, the white-space processing model would result in the following:
    The space before the B ( ) will collapse with the space after the A ( ).
    The space before the C ( ) will collapse with the space after the B ( ).
This leaves two spaces, one after the A in the left-to-right embedding level, and one after the B in the right-to-left embedding level. All this is then ordered according to the Unicode bidirectional algorithm, with the end result being:  "

(I'll try to proofread the rest of this later today. I do not believe I will have comments on the content.)

--Best,

--C. E. Whitehead
cewcathar@hotmail.com<mailto:cewcathar@hotmail.com>