Re: [css-text] 'hanging-punctuation' comments

From: Koji Ishii <kojiishi@gluesoft.co.jp>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 03:44:28 -0500
To: "Kang-Hao (Kenny) Lu" <kanghaol@opera.com>, WWW Style <www-style@w3.org>
On 11/12/13 3:18 PM, "Kang-Hao (Kenny) Lu" <kanghaol@opera.com> wrote:
>I am not getting you. Are you saying that 'hangling-punctuation: first'
>should make the opening bracket at the start of every line hang? You need
>
>   s/the first formatted line of an element/a line/

Ah, that was my mistake, sorry, I was confused with some different
feature. 'first' affects only first formatted line, and as we discussed
offline, we'll not include after a forced break here.

>OK. So if I understand this correctly, if you have
>
>p {
>   text-align: justify;
>   hanging-punctuation: force-end;
>}
>
>without 'text-algn-last: justify'. The last line would look different
>from the line before that? Like
>
>  |あ あ あ あ あ|。
>  |あああああ。  |
>
>and not
>
>  |あ あ あ あ あ|。
>  |あ あ あ あ あ|。
>
>. This sounds a bit weird to me, is this what publishers want?

Your example is a bit ambiguous, but this is expectation for 'force-end':

|あ あ あ あ あ|。
|ああ。       |

Does this answer to your question?

/koji