Re: [css-shapes] basic shapes and shape-radius

On 11/11/13 2:04 PM, "Dirk Schulze" <dschulze@adobe.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>The new syntax [1] looks sane. The paragraph should maybe say how
>percentage values are resolved (for width to the width of the Šbox, for
>height to the height of the Šbox). This is especially important for
>circle(). Of course it would be helpful to allow other specifications to
>define a different kind of box than CSS Shapes is going to use.

Percentage handling (including for circle radius) is defined in the first
paragraph of section 3.0. That paragraph also says that other
specifications can define the relevant box for their use of basic-shapes.

>I suppose the Œcontainš keyword can be useful in some situations where
>you position the center of a circle on one of the edges and then have the
>circle cover the half of the box or so. For clip-path it can be useful
>for animations of the position, otherwise the shape would change the size
>during changing the position.

You can get the effect you describe using farthest-side for a circle.
Animations should run on the used dimensions of the shapes.

>The interpolation section [2] needs to be updated to the new shape
>syntax. It also still assumes that there is a rectangle :).

Yes! Thanks. I've updated that section. It now reads:

For interpolating between two shapes that are type inset-rectangle,
ellipse or circle

- Replace each inset-rectangle with a temporary inset-rectangle with
offsets relative to the margin-box.

- Replace each circle and ellipse with a temporary inset-rectangle with
offsets relative to the margin-box, and <border-radius> values to make the
inset-rectangle equivalent to the original circle or ellipse

- Interpolate between each value of the temporary inset-rectangles.

If both basic shapes are of type polygon and if both polygons have the
same number of vertices:

- If the polygons use a different relevant box, replace one of the
polygons with a temporary equivalent polygon that uses the relevant box of
the other.

- Interpolate between each value.

In all other cases:

- No interpolation is specified.