Re: [selectors4] Proposal for extending Selectors Level 4 with possibility to select attributes

Le 06/11/2013 22:57, Jirka Kosek a écrit :
> If Selectors are aiming to be universal selector/query language it
> should be possible to select different kinds of nodes in document, not
> just elements. Attributes are first candidate to be added, but for the
> sake of completeness I think that text and comment nodes should be added
> as well, and for XML document also processing instruction nodes.

I disagree. We should not add features "for the sake of completeness" if
there is no use case.

(I’m not saying there is no use case, but I haven’t seen them yet for
selecting text, comment and processing instruction nodes.)

--
Simon Sapin