Re: [ResourcePriorities] Blocking content resources on CSS properties

Le 06/11/2013 00:17, Bruno Racineux a écrit :
> I understand it's a caveat that you cannot apply the 'resource-priorities'
> css property on initial load of the document. The logic goes that
> 'attributes' are the ones suited here for that particular context.
>
> But it seems still beneficial to have such property for 'content
> resources' as currently defined, when it comes to ajax or dynamic content,
> where your css stylesheet is preloaded already. (I don't see or think the
> preloader have any effect at that point, yet it is my assumption the
> resource priority mechanism can probably still work in that context)
>
> If so, I see don't see a critical need to remove 'content resources' as
> much as addressing the caveats, and making a mention that 'preloaders'
> will ignore css properties on initial load.

In that case, at least the "must" in the definition for
'resource-priorities: postpone' need to be relaxed, allowing preloaders
to ignore the CSS property.

(Or better, specify explicitly that the property *may* be ignored during
initial load (which itself needs to be defined.))

--
Simon Sapin