Re: [selectors4] Proposal for extending Selectors Level 4 with possibility to select attributes

On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 10:05 AM, Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@exyr.org> wrote:
> Le 05/11/2013 17:48, Tab Atkins Jr. a écrit :
>> Yeah, the spec hasn't been updated yet, but we agreed that
>> pseudo-elements *can* be followed by arbitrary other selectors.  This
>> is only relevant for pseudo-elements that can contain content, like
>> ::region or ::content (from Shadow DOM).
>
> That’s case-by-case for pseudo-element where it’s relevant, right?
> `div::after p` will still be invalid?

Depends on what you mean by "invalid".  We could either drop it, based
on grammar mismatch, or just have it be allowed, but guaranteed to
match nothing.  The only observable difference is that the rules will
be preserved in the CSSOM in the latter case but not the former.