Re: [selectors4] Proposal for extending Selectors Level 4 with possibility to select attributes

On 05/11/13 02:30, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:

> Rather than consuming a new ASCII character, we could just pile this
> onto pseudo-element syntax:
>
> img::attr(alt)
>
> ::attr(title)

Not sure about that. Pseudo-elements are different from attribute nodes.
Even if we already think of future extensions to your ::attr(),
I still think that we could, for once, harmonize our syntax better with
what all other languages do. And using @ to note or select an attribute
became something rather universal... Again, for once, it's probably
worth consuming that extra delimitor.

</Daniel>