Re: [css3-fonts] "font-feature-settings: none" shorthand?

From: Liam R E Quin <liam@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 11:24:05 -0400
To: Sylvain Galineau <galineau@adobe.com>
Cc: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
On Wed, 2013-05-29 at 13:14 -0700, Sylvain Galineau wrote:
>  Fwiw one potential usability pain point I see with this
> feature is that when one enables features A, B and C on a parent and
> then wants to turn only B off on a descendant they do that by setting A
> and C
> on the descendant.

For XSL-FO I came up with a micro-syntax (sigh) with a leading + and -
letting you turn a specific list of features off or on without affecting
others.

John Daggett felt it was too complex and "not CSS-like" but I still
think the functionality would be useful even if the syntax I invented
might not be useful in CSS.

Liam