Re: [css3-fonts][cssom] CSSFontFeatureValuesRule vs. CSSKeyframesRule

From: Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@exyr.org>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 12:02:49 +0800
To: www-style@w3.org
Le 29/05/2013 11:45, John Daggett a écrit :
> This requires that the individual value definition blocks be a
> subclass of CSSRule. So then you need to define what it contains.  And
> you really start to bend the notion of what an @-rule is, the value
> definition blocks look like @-rules but basically aren't other than
> from a syntax viewpoint.  What does it mean if*other*  CSSGroupingRule
> structs contain one of these CSSRule's?!?

Defining individual CSSRule’s for the components of
CSSFontFeatureValuesRule might be annoying and not useful, but that last
point is not a problem.

We already have many at-rules that are only allowed in some contexts
(@import before any style rule, page-margin rules only inside @page, …)
If an author does it wrong, the rule is invalid and ignored. Same as if
it had invalid syntax.

Cheers,
--
Simon Sapin