Re: [css3-background] Color of ridge/groove/inset/outset border styles

Le Mer 22 mai 2013 2:47, Simon Sapin a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> A very low-priority, but annoying detail:
>
> The ridge, groove, inset and outset border styles are defined with
> "Looks as if …" and leaves not hint as to how to do that.
> The rendering
> in different implementations varies a bit but that’s fine, the normative
> definition doesn’t need to be more precise.
>
> Still, I’d like the spec to have a note that gives an algorithm
> describing how to generate two colors (one dark and one light) from a
> single specified border-*-color

FYI, Microsoft (in IE9 and IE10) claims to pass these 2 tests:

http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20110323/html4/border-style-inset-001.htm

http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20110323/html4/border-style-outset-001.htm

but such border styles do not look as if they are embedded into the
surface (or as if the content on the inside of the border is sunken into
the canvas) or sticks out of the surface (or as if the content on the
inside of the border is coming out of the canvas.).

Such issue was reported some 14 years ago:

3D styles rendered as solid when border-color is dark
http://www.richinstyle.com/bugs/ie5.html#border-style

Bug 6: 3D border styles rendered as solid when color is dark
http://www.richinstyle.com/bugs/ie5demo.html

> in order to get the example rendering in
> Figure 5. I came up with *something* for WeasyPrint, but it just looks
> bad.

Gérard
--
CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011