RE: [css-animations] CSS animations and non-interactive media

From: François REMY <francois.remy.dev@outlook.com>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 17:48:52 +0200
To: "'Tab Atkins Jr.'" <jackalmage@gmail.com>, "'L. David Baron'" <dbaron@dbaron.org>
CC: "'www-style list'" <www-style@w3.org>
± >   (1) ignore the animation properties and don't apply any animations
± >
± >   (2) honor the animation properties and freeze the animations at
± >       time 0
± >
± > I tend to think the correct answer is (1);
±
± This sounds correct to me.

I agree with the general idea, but we may still want to provide people with a "print-as-rendered-on-the-screen-now" solution, or else we may get into this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OQeAl_ZYyMo

There's nothing more annoying that being unable to put on a piece of paper what you're seeing right now on the screen because the developer did a bad job at making his stuff print-compatible (like: everything is 'opacity: 0' in the default stylesheet, only animations make stuff appear).