Re: [css-syntax] <an+b> grammar: escaping

From: Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@exyr.org>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 10:55:03 +0800
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
CC: "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org>, Zack Weinberg <zackw@panix.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
Another "interesting" corner case:

In some cases, a minus sign is part of an <ident> token. But once
tokenization is done, we don’t know anymore if that character was
escaped in the CSS source. This is a similar issue to that of the syntax
of ID selectors.

So, what exactly do we want to allow to be escaped or not? Selectors 3
uses {N} and ['-'|'+'], which means that n can be escaped but not a plus
or minus sign.

--
Simon Sapin