Re: DRYing up media queries

On Saturday 2013-05-25 23:03 +0200, Yoav Weiss wrote:
> OK, I'm convinced that doing that in CSS is probably a bad idea.
> Would you consider an HTML based syntax to address this use-case better? Is
> such a syntax within the scope of the CSSWG? HTMLWG? Both?

I think it could still be within CSS (and probably should be if we
supported the feature).  It just shouldn't be in the part of CSS that
involves selectors and declarations.

It could, for example, be done with a type of variables that are
specific to @media rules and apply to the whole style sheet, rather
than inheriting variables that apply to elements.

-David