Re: [cssom-view] Add a "smooth" parameter to scrollTo and s

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 10:05:10 -0700
To: Christopher Palmer <cpalmer18@bloomberg.net>
Cc: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 9:03 AM, Christopher Palmer (BLOOMBERG/ 731
LEXIN) <cpalmer18@bloomberg.net> wrote:
> Does it make sense to additionally allow the user control on the type of smooth scrolling they want?  Something like smooth-linear, smooth-ease-in-out, etc?  This seems a lot like a standard transition, and I would assume users would want the same types of controls over it.  Specifying duration also comes to mind.

It's not quite a standard transition.  For example, a simple notion of
'duration' isn't really useful - you want the duration to somewhat
reflect the distance being travelled (not in a linear fashion,
probably more like logarithmic).

I think the browser is in a good position to figure out a "good"
transition for this.

~TJ