Re: [css-compositing][css-mask] new Editor's draft posted

From: Henrik Andersson <henke@henke37.cjb.net>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 21:43:44 +0200
To: Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com>
CC: robert@ocallahan.org, Jeremie Patonnier <jeremie.patonnier@gmail.com>, "public-fx@w3.org" <public-fx@w3.org>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>, www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>, David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org>
Rik Cabanier skriver:

> It would not.
> An 'inverse' mask would invert the pixels of the mask itself, not the
> content that you mask.
>
> Maybe you're thinking of putting the text in the mask. If so, yes, that
> would make it invert but:
> - you'd lose the semantics since the text comes from a style. This loses
> accessibility and copy/paste behavior
> - you would have to put the text in another fragment or document
> - you would have to define a way to link to HTML content from a mask.
> This would be very hard to get consensus on.

I thought there was an option to use the first result of a normal
selector as the masking content.