Re: [css3-fonts] Minor Comments Part II

From: Øyvind Stenhaug <oyvinds@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 18:58:43 +0200
To: www-style@w3.org
On Fri, 17 May 2013 00:44:50 +0200, fantasai
<fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:

>    # avoid creating font-size resulting in less than 9 pixels
> s/pixels/device pixels/ because we have too many pixels in CSS...

This doesn't sound like the kind of pixels that are wanted here. At really
high densities, even though 9 device pixels might be sufficient to
represent the shapes of each glyph (Latin ones, at least), the resulting
physical sizes would be too small to actually preserve readability.

Øyvind Stenhaug
Opera Software ASA