Re: [css3-fonts] Minor Comments Part II

From: Øyvind Stenhaug <oyvinds@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 18:58:43 +0200
To: www-style@w3.org
On Fri, 17 May 2013 00:44:50 +0200, fantasai
<fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:

>    # avoid creating font-size resulting in less than 9 pixels
>
> s/pixels/device pixels/ because we have too many pixels in CSS...

This doesn't sound like the kind of pixels that are wanted here. At really
high densities, even though 9 device pixels might be sufficient to
represent the shapes of each glyph (Latin ones, at least), the resulting
physical sizes would be too small to actually preserve readability.

--
Øyvind Stenhaug
Opera Software ASA