Re: [specprod] Using "Applies to" in descriptors to identify the at-rule

Tab Atkins wrote:

> Just a thought - since the "Applies to" line that we use in propdefs
> (to define what kind of elements the property has an effect on) is
> meaningless for descriptors, perhaps we can re-use it as a field to
> define the at-rules that the descriptor applies to.
>
> For example, the 'font-style' descriptor in @font-face would look like:
>
> Name: font-style
> Value: normal | italic | oblique
> Initial: normal
> Applies to: @font-face
> Inherited: N/A
> Percentages:N/A
> Media: visual
> Computed value: as specified
> Animatable: no
>
> Make sense to anyone else?

Nope.  Descriptors are not properties, there's a whole set stuff in
propdefs that don't make sense for descriptors.  Here's the
'font-style' descriptor definition in CSS3 Fonts:

  Name:  font-style
  Value:  normal | italic | oblique
  Initial:  normal

Why would the definition of a *descriptor* need an "Applies to" line
when it's defined as part of the definition of the @font-face rule?

Cheers,

John Daggett