Re: [css-syntax] Ready for wide review, FPWD request coming soon

On Sun, May 19, 2013 at 5:04 PM, Zack Weinberg <zackw@panix.com> wrote:
> Attached is an edited version of the 17 May draft with the
> number/percentage/dimension tokenization rewritten as I had in mind.  It
> could probably stand a little polish, but I think this should give you an
> idea of what it would be like.  This reflects about four hours' effort and I
> think that was more than half of the work required to convert the whole
> scanner to this style.  (CSS numbers are messy.)
>
> I wound up partially converting identifier scanning as well, because it was
> convenient to have a "consume a sequence of name characters" subroutine to
> handle DIMENSIONs, and once you have that, using it for IDENT, HASH and
> AT-KEYWORD as well is trivial.

Thanks!  I'll review this tonight or tomorrow.

> I suspect the table of contents and index are mangled.  Are they
> autogenerated somehow?

Yes, we write a source document and pass it through Bert's
preprocessor to generate the public doc.  You need a W3C account to
use his preprocessor; it's documented on the CSSWG wiki.

I have a local preprocessor on github, but I haven't converted Syntax
over to it yet.

~TJ