Re: Experimental Features Policy status (San Diego F2F August 2012)

On Tue, 14 May 2013 09:29:31 +0200, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 8:28 PM, Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is anyone from Apple coming?
>> No one from Apple is is listed on
>> http://wiki.csswg.org/planning/tokyo-2013
>> and I believe they will keep prefixing now features.
>
> Apparently Dean is.  And yes, Apple's policy with WebKit appears to be
> to continue using prefixes, according to a recent webkit-dev thread.

Divergence between vendors is not going to be nice for authors, so having
a clear discussion and hopefully a resolution at the WG level would
certainly be nice. It is not going to force anybody to do anything,
but it may nudge everyone in the same direction.

In general, I like the direction Firefox and Chrome are taking, and
we should try to formalize it. Fantasai and I had started working
on an attempt at writing up something similar right after the original
discussion happened, but since the WG's attention moved somewhere
else, it kind of died out.

If we are reopening the topic, I'd be happy to dig it out, clean it
up, and see if we can use that to build upon.

  - Florian