Re: [css-flexbox] "flex: 1;" does the wrong thing in min-size constraint sizing

From: Daniel Holbert <dholbert@mozilla.com>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 17:30:14 -0700
To: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On 05/14/2013 04:44 PM, Daniel Holbert wrote:
>> Proposed solution: we add a new value, provisionally named
>> "dont-shrink-me-bro"
>>  This becomes the new value for
>> 'flex-basis' when it's omitted from the shorthand
> Isn't "0%" exactly the dont-shrink-me-bro value that you're looking for?

Aside: the flexbox spec actually used to have 0% as the default
flex-basis value in the flex shorthand, but it this default changed from
"0%" to "the length zero" in this commit from August:

At first I thought it might've been a mistake (since the commit message
sounds like it wasn't intending to change meaning), but I don't think it
was a mistake, because the next changeset replaced "0%" with "0px" in a
several other places, e.g.:

fantasai or Tab, do you happen to recall the reason for that change?  (I
searched my www-style archive for "flex-basis", but I couldn't find
anything related, in the timeframe of those commits.)