Re: [css-text] Distribution of space for justification

On 05/10/2013 09:26 PM, Liam R E Quin wrote:
> On Fri, 2013-05-10 at 19:22 -0700, fantasai wrote:
>> I just added some spec text to the justification section saying that within a
>> single prioritization level (e.g. at each space for 'inter-word', or between
>> each pair of adjacent characters in 'distribute' justification'), space must
>> be distributed equally to each expansion opportunity *in proportion to the
>> font-size*.
> Note that some systems deliberately add more space on one side of
> alternate lines, or move spaces around a little, as a way to try
> to avoid "rivers" of white space when spaces align on successive
> lines creating a distracting emergent pattern. Notice the river in
> this paragraph (if the formatting is preserved in the mail reader
> you're using ---------------------------------------> <-- here

Fair point. Current text reads

    | Expansion opportunities are divided into different priority levels:
    | within a level, all expansion opportunities are expanded or compressed
    | at the same priority, with space distributed in proportion to the
    | expansion opportunity’s 'font-size'.

Is that alright, or do you have suggestions to improve it? The point
I'm trying to get across is that if we say "between Latin letters"
and "between CJK letters" belong to the same priority level, the UA
is not allowed to treat them differently.

~fantasai