Re: [css-color] Have you considered standardizing a rgba(#RRGGBB, <alpha-value>) notation?

How about keywords?

e.g. alpha(red, 50% smaller)
or alpha(red, reduce by 50%)
or alpha(red, 50% less)

you get the idea

PS: Why use two word function names? alpha() is only a bit less understandable (if at all) than adjust-alpha() or set-alpha() and much more concise.

Lea Verou
W3C developer relations
http://w3.org/people/all#leahttp://lea.verou.me ✿ @leaverou