Re: [css-color] Have you considered standardizing a rgba(#RRGGBB, <alpha-value>) notation?

+1 to rgba(color-value, alpha-value) or a new function that takes those
arguments

Eg:

rgba(#f00, 0.5);
rgba(#f00, 50%);
rgba(red, .5);
rgba(rgb(255, 0, 0), 50%); /* not particularly useful, but showing that any
color value is acceptable */
rgba(#f000, 50%); /* here the 50% alpha would take precedence over the 0
alpha in the first arg */

As for darken/lighten/etc, I can't say I've used them much, but if others
do, fair enough.