Re: [css-color] Have you considered standardizing a rgba(#RRGGBB, <alpha-value>) notation?

On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 6:45 AM, Lea Verou <lea@w3.org> wrote:
> I think we’re starting to need color manipulation functions. They are going
> to be immensely useful when combined with variables too, but also different
> color formats, named colors etc. For example, LESS has color functions like
> alpha(), darken(), lighten() etc.

This. Every preprocessor has color-manipulation functions, and from
what I understand, they're used quite regularly.  I plan to put them
into my unofficial draft - we'll see what ends up showing up in Colors
4.

~TJ