Re: inline vs inline-block

On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 2:44 AM, Niels Matthijs
<niels.matthijs@internetarchitects.be> wrote:
> I know the difference between display:inline and display:inline-block, but I
> was wondering if there’s a good reason why someone would prefer inline over
> inline-block? The only reason that I can think of is if you want to
> hard-block top/bottom paddings/margins, but are there any other things that
> display:inline can handle which inline-block can’t?
>
> Or put differently, is there still a use-case for applying display:inline
> instead of inline-block (taking browser support out of the equation).

I suggest you try setting "span, i, b, u, em, strong, mark {display:
inline-block;}" and see how long that lasts on a real site.  ^_^  The
moment one of those elements starts near the end of a line and wants
to continue to the next line, it'll be obvious.

~TJ