Re: [css21] What's the used value of left/right when overconstrained in relpos?

On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 3:41 PM, Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 1:36 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
> So, are you saying that for the set of properties { height, ..., width } and
> { bottom, ..., top } listed in [1], that 'auto' should be returned for those
> cases where computed value is 'auto' but used value is a specific dimension
> *and* the resolved value is the used value (according to the algorithm
> defined in [1])?

No, I'm just pointing to what CSSOM currently says.

At what point different properties resolve their different values is
defined by the individual properties, and has nothing to do with gCS()
in general.

For bugwards compat and sanity, top/left/bottom/right have to have
special interaction with gCS(), as I outlined in my proposal earlier
in this thread.

~TJ