Re: [cssom] Interaction of getComputedStyle.width/height and box-sizing

From: Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@exyr.org>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 19:24:03 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org
Le 29/03/2013 19:08, Boris Zbarsky a écrit :
>>> Well, do we have a spec that actually defines block layout anymore?;)
>>
>> Nope!
> People do realize that there are projects that are trying to actually
> implement CSS layout based on the output of this working group (as
> opposed to insider knowledge, personal communication with working group
> memebers, and reverse-engineering of existing UAs, which is how it seems
> to work for most of us so far), right?:(

Yes, WeasyPrint is exactly in that spot. (Or was, when I implemented
block layout and box-sizing.)

If the spec for box-sizing is updated to say that the used values are
affected, then CSS 2.1 (which refers to the used values) correctly
defines block layout.

But that may conflict with the desire of "round-tripping" in CSSOM.

--
Simon Sapin