Re: [cssom] Interaction of getComputedStyle.width/height and box-sizing

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 14:08:59 -0400
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
CC: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On 3/29/13 2:01 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> Because then you can't round-trip 'width', which is *weird*.

Round-trip in the sense of assigning a used value to a specified value?
  Apart from getComputedStyle consumers (assuming that keeps using "used
width"), where would this ever happen.

>> Well, do we have a spec that actually defines block layout anymore?  ;)
>
> Nope!

People do realize that there are projects that are trying to actually
implement CSS layout based on the output of this working group (as
opposed to insider knowledge, personal communication with working group
memebers, and reverse-engineering of existing UAs, which is how it seems
to work for most of us so far), right?  :(

-Boris