Re: [css3-page] Flexbox or table algorithm for page-margin box layout

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 10:14 PM, Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@exyr.org> wrote:

> So, the trick for centering the middle box is to have the same content in
> both other boxes, but hide one of them? What if you want different content
> in all three boxes? Let’s say page number, title, and date.

You could use multiple position:page-area elements for that, but you'd lose
some ability to avoid overlap.

If we need a more sophisticated layout model, e.g. the ability to center a
flex-item at some position relative to its parent if and only if there's
enough flexible space around it to do so, I suggest we add that to flexbox
where it could be generally useful instead of doing something special for
margin boxes.

Are the <div>s here only to express nesting, or do you mean actually taking
> elements from the document?

Elements in the document.

The current algorithm never makes the boxes overlap, if widths are 'auto':
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/WD-css3-page-20130314/#variable-sizing

If B is the width of the page area, then it must overlap A or C right?

Rob
--
Wrfhf pnyyrq gurz gbtrgure naq fnvq, “Lbh xabj gung gur ehyref bs gur
Tragvyrf ybeq vg bire gurz, naq gurve uvtu bssvpvnyf rkrepvfr nhgubevgl