Re: [css4-background] use cases for 'border-corner-shape'?

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 14:18:45 -0700
To: www-style@w3.org
On 03/24/2013 03:50 PM, Lea Verou wrote:
> I’ll try to find some additional good examples.
>
> Elika, since you added the property, maybe you had some good existing use cases in mind?

The major one for 'bevel' was to allow the shapes that are used in certain
kinds of breadcrumb trails and tabs: some styles uses slanted tabs rather
than curved-corner ones, and I've seen breadcrumb trails that look like
   ____________________
  |     \       \       \

or

(Earlier designs of the Launchpad bug tracker did this, for example.)

Another use case was to give shapes that would commonly allow the hit-testing
(and background-painting) area to more closely approximate fancy-cornered
border images.

~fantasai