Re: [css-positioning]? Handling <dialog> positioning - an update

On 3/26/13 1:06 PM, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 1:02 PM, Sylvain Galineau <galineau@adobe.com>
>wrote:
>> On 3/26/13 12:51 PM, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>Quoting from my original message: "When the <dialog> is shown (to be
>>>precise, when it generates a
>>>renderer), we generate an anonymous containing block for it.".  I then
>>>clarified that by "renderer" I meant "box" in a later message.  ^_^
>>
>> Good. Then we can stop invoking Animations in vain :)
>
>Sorry it confused you, but two people I talked about this with
>(fantasai and Ojan) were skeptical of the idea of doing something
>"when an element generates a box" until I pointed out that we already
>have this exact concept present in Animations.
>
>So, my mentioning of Animations was an attempt to forestall any
>similar objections.  It appears to have epicly failed, but there's no
>way of knowing if there would have been just as much confusion of the
>kind I'd already seen had I left it out.  Shrug.

Argh, OK. Well, that it epically failed with *me* does not imply it failed
or is a bad idea :) Again, I think the concept is correct. It's a good
approximation of what happens though this is all very implicit in the
Animations spec at the moment.

It's hard to tell without the context of their specific concerns but you
may be right that it's a close enough approximation/precedent for your
purposes
here...