Re: [css3-background] round(N+0.5) with background-repeat: round

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 12:13 PM, Lea Verou <lea@w3.org> wrote:
> On Mar 26, 2013, at 19:20, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
>> I believe in other cases, we've explicitly specified that it rounds up.
>
> What was the rationale? Usually images look better scaled down than scaled up.

By "it", I meant "a number being rounded that is halfway between the
two round targets", not images specifically.

Given that this is deciding the behavior solely for the .5 case, not
saying "all non-integer ratios round up to the next integer", the
exact behavior doesn't really matter, and we should match what we do
elsewhere in CSS.

Finally, rounding up here means scaling the image down further, since
a higher number means more repetitions, and less space per repeat. ^_^