Re: [css4-background] Different border-corner-shape per corner

From: Brian Kardell <bkardell@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 07:45:28 -0400
To: Lea Verou <lea@w3.org>
Cc: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On Mar 24, 2013 3:03 PM, "Lea Verou" <lea@w3.org> wrote:

> This seems pretty obvious, but I hadn’t thought about it before:
border-corner-shape [1] currently only takes one value, for all four
corners. It should take {1,4} values, to enable authors to set different
shapes per corner. The implementation overhead is small and it should cover
a few more use cases. Idea raised by a suggestion from Max West [2],
although that wasn’t the crux of his suggestion (which is unclear to me).

> [1]: http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css4-background/#border-corner-shape
> [2]: http://maxw3st.us/bordercorner.html
>
> Lea Verou
> W3C developer relations
> http://w3.org/people/all#leahttp://lea.verou.me ✿ @leaverou

I think supporting standard top,right,left,bottom style there seems like a
real decent idea - lots of designs in print call for opposing corners to be
different.