Any events fired when an overflow:hidden container causes some child elements to get hidden?

From: Behrang Saeedzadeh <behrangsa@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 13:44:34 +0430
Hi,

Let's pretend that there's a tall vertical div that is used as a container
for menu items, similar to Google+ or the upcoming Facebook News Feed.

When the height of the browser is reduced some menu items get hidden. In
such a case, usually a more button is shown that when clicked shows the
hidden elements.

One way to do this is by listening to window resize events but that might
cause some smoothness issues. It should be possible to hack a solution
using dynamically generated media queries as well. Google+, I assume to
reduce complexity and lack of a reliable solution, always shows the more
button no matter if anything is hidden or not.

But I think it would be helpful to know when an overflown element is
hidden/shown via events. What do you think? And is this something that is
being worked on?

Cheers,
Behrang Saeedzadeh
http://www.behrang.org