Re: [css3-page] printing, is it a business of CSS at all?

From: Ambrose LI <ambrose.li@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 02:11:52 -0400
To: Andrew Fedoniouk <news@terrainformatica.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org
2013/3/25 Andrew Fedoniouk <news@terrainformatica.com>:
> If you need to print some document (the "printable") then in principle you
> just need two documents: so called page template document and
> the printable itself.

[stuff deleted]

> So is my question in the subject line. Why do we need
> all that in CSS?

How, then, do you propose to specify how the page looks like? Do we
resurrect DSSSL, if this is not CSS’s business?

I know pt (and by extension in, cm, and all that good stuff) is no
longer useful for printing, but I never agreed to that. Why is
everyone so anti physical?

--
cheers,
-ambrose <http://gniw.ca>