Re: [css4-background] use cases for 'border-corner-shape'?

On Mar 24, 2013, at 2:36 PM, "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org> wrote:

> On Sunday 2013-03-24 14:02 -0700, Rik Cabanier wrote:
>> Scaling images might introduce jaggies, which will be especially
>> noticeable if width and height have different scales.
>>
>> This seems a case where scaleable vector art is needed.
>
> 'border-image' can be used with SVG images.  (There may be some
> implementation bugs; on the Gecko side we've fixed some recently
> enough that they're probably not past the nightly channel yet.  But
> new features at the spec level aren't required.)

I tend to agree, and I'm very happy to hear that Gecko is fixing this to reliably allow vector border images.  But I'm ambivalent. SVG border-image is not as convenient for changing the corner size without changing the border size, or changing color easily. But maybe this will be fixed with the SVG parameters feature (which I have not checked out recently to know how far along it is, or if it is in the process of being implemented).