Re: [css4-background] use cases for 'border-corner-shape'?

On Monday 2013-03-25 00:31 +0200, Lea Verou wrote:
> On Mar 25, 2013, at 00:18, L. David Baron wrote:
> > On Sunday 2013-03-24 23:14 +0200, Lea Verou wrote:
> >> Googling these is pretty hard, as everybody uses different names to refer to them. Nevertheless, here are a few tutorials and questions from struggling authors about how to replicate these effects:
> >>
> >> bevel
> >> --------
> >> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6474168/how-do-i-make-corners-angled-like-this-using-css
> >
> > Not achievable using the proposal because of the way the shadow
> > lines up.
> It is, if you use an inset shadow, which is clipped by the outer shape.

OK, that's one example (though not a particularly nice-looking one).

> >> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10349867/how-do-i-bevel-the-corners-of-an-element
> >
> > No site or image (other than a link to your demo/tutorial, which
> > isn't a use case).
> That reply is marked as correct and got a comment of "Yes!!! Thank you!" from the asker, so it's pretty obvious what he needed.

That shows that a feature more powerful than the one proposed does
what the author wants.  It doesn't show whether the result is
professional-quality.

I don't think it's worth further discussing the list of author
questions; what we need are real-world sites.

-David