[css3-transforms] UA supporting only 2D transforms

From: Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@exyr.org>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2013 19:40:08 +0000
To: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
Hi,

Itís been discussed on this list a few times here but I donít remember
if there was a conclusion. More importantly, I canít find a definitive
answer in the ED.

What should an UA do if it only wants to support or can only support 2D
transforms?

The "Partial implementations" section seems to indicate that any
'transform' property declaration or attribute value should be considered
invalid if it contains a 3D functions. (2D and 3D functions already are
in different spec section, so thatís good.)

Similarly, I suppose that the 'transform-style', 'perspective',
'perspective-origin' and 'backface-visibility' are ignored. Or should
the values that establish a stacking context still do that?

The more tricky part is transform-origin with three values. Should a
3-value declaration be invalid? Or should the third just be ignored?

--
Simon Sapin